October 30, 2013
Hot to install IBM SPSS Modeler 15 Client
Installing SPSS Modeler 15 client is an
easy task. Below you can find detailed steps on how to do it.
IBM SPSS Modeler Client is a functionally complete version of the
product, which is installed and run on the user's desktop computer. The
Client can be run in local mode as a standalone product, or in
distributed mode along with IBM SPSS Modeler Server for improved
performance on large data sets. Additional options are also available
for purchase, including IBM SPSS Modeler Text Analytics, IBM SPSS
Modeler Entity Analytics, IBM SPSS Modeler Social Network Analysis, IBM
SPSS Modeler Solution Publisher, and others.
1. Locate the setup.exe file and run it. This is the first screen with
some license information. Click next
2. In the next screen, you get to choose one of the 3 available
license schemes that exist for IBM SPSS Modeler
- Single User License:
A single-user license allows you to install IBM SPSS Modeler Client on
up to two computers, if those computers are used by one user.
- Site License:
This license allows you to install IBM SPSS Modeler on multiple
computers, limited to the number for which you purchased the license.
- Network License:
This license allows you to install IBM SPSS Modeler on any number of
computers. However, only the number of users for which you purchased
the license can run the application concurrently.
For this tutorial we will select the first option, "Single User
License". The procedure is the same in all options and only the type of
license changes. Click next.
3. The next screen is a typical software license agreement. Click on
accept terms and next.
4. The next screen is about the installation path. You can choose your
own path or accept the default. We leave the default path for this
5. Then we are faced with the user information screen where if you want
you type your name and organisation. Then click next.
6. Finally the pre-configuration screen and license agreements are over
and we are ready to install the actual software. Click on install
7. After the installation you get the option to register. If you leave
the registration checked it will open your browser and lead you to a
registration page. This gives you the benefit of receiving software
updates and alerts. Click finish.
8. The final part of the installation is the licensing of the product.
You will see a screen like the one below, asking you to select if you
have a license to activate it or evaluate SPSS Modeler for small
period. We will choose the "Enable for temporary usage" option for this
tutorial but either way the procedure is the much the same.
9. In the next screen you have to either select the path of the
temporary license file or type the license key to activate SPSS
Click next and that's it, the
installation is over.
You can now start using SPSS Modeler.
IBM SPSS ModelerInstall SPSS ModelerSPSSSPSS ModelerPredictiveAnalytics